Pure Indigo Powder (Indigofera Tinctoria)
INDIGO POWDER - Indigofera Tinctoria bears the common name true indigo. The plant was one of the original sources of indigo dye. It has been naturalized to tropical and temperate Asia, it has been in cultivation worldwide for many centuries. Indigo is a natural dye. It can make your hair Black to blue-black, if you already have dark hair.
How to Dye Your Hair with Indigo
- Cover everything in old towels or newspaper, and wear old clothes.
- Dye your hair with henna first for the best result. This helps give the indigo a base to stick to.
- You can mix indigo into henna to get shades of reddish-brown to auburn to brownish black.
- Get 100g of indigo for every six inches of hair. Curly hair will need more. 200g is usually enough for shoulder length hair.
- Mix the indigo in a plastic bowl with warm water.
- Wait 10-15 minutes, you will see the green powder start to turn a deep purple black on top. When it's black, it's ready.
- Get someone to help you apply the indigo, starting at the back. Cover your entire hair, and wrap it in saran wrap.
- Wipe off the drips that run down quickly to avoid any stains. Laying on your back helps keep the indigo from dripping down.
- Rinse the indigo off with cool water after 45 minutes to an hour.
Pure Indigo Powder 200g = $14
Pure Indigo Powder 500g = $25
Pure Indigo Powder 1Kg = $35/Kg
WHOLESALE ENQUIRIES WELCOME